Parents of girl, 5, sue dentist after 'the tool he was using to put crowns on her teeth set her mouth on FIRE and left her disfigured'
Parents of a five-year-old girl are suing a dentist, claiming the tool he was using while putting crowns on her teeth set her mouth on fire and left her disfigured. The parents - who have not been named - recently filed a lawsuit alleging that the incident occurred at Just For Kids Dentistry & Orthodontics in Las Vegas while their child was having multiple crowns put on her teeth. According to the lawsuit, obtained by the Las Vegas Review-Journal, the parents said that while the girl was under anesthetic, dentist Deep Karan Dhillon used a tool called a diamond bur to file down the enamel on the teeth. It created a spark which 'caused the throat pack in (the girl's) mouth to ignite and produce a fire' which lasted about one or two seconds. Source